Technical Documentation Competition – Open
India Chapter STC is pleased to announce the Technical Documentation competition. The Technical Documentation competition offers an excellent way for you and your teams to get recognition for various forms of technical communication. The competition is aligned in format and judging with the STC Summit Awards.
This year, the deadline is October 28 2017 for local chapters for receiving entries. The top award winners (Distinguished award and Excellence award) of the India Chapter STC in each category are eligible to compete in the STC International Summit Awards competitions, 2017. Judges evaluate entries against a checklist of criteria to decide the winners and type of award. You may send the winning entries using the competition form to the Summit Awards committee early in 2017 (date to be published).
Who is eligible?
What are the categories?
- Instructional Materials train users on skills and knowledge using solutions like eLearning, mobile learning, workbooks, wikis, social media, facilitator guides, instructional animations, videos, student guides, tutorials, and webinars.
- User Support Materials provide information for the user in performing specific tasks for independent use including performance support, online help, mobile help, job aids, quick start or reference guides, reference documents, user guides, and websites.
- Promotional Materials market or promote a product, company, individual, or event that aim to persuade the audience to some action, using integrated figures and text. Examples may include websites, brochures, catalogs, fliers, and posters.
- Informational Materials inform the user without a specific call to action. Examples may include annual reports, articles, books, error messages, magazines, newsletters, periodicals, posters, research papers, and websites.
Type of Awards
- Best of Show – One Best of Show award can be given by the judges every year. (India Chapter STC will sponsor Best of Show’s entry into the STC International Summit Competition.)
- Distinguished Technical Communication – Clearly superior in all areas. The entry contains no major flaws and few, if any, minor flaws. It applies the principles of technical communication in an outstanding way, particularly in the way that it anticipates and fulfills the needs of its audience.
- Excellence – Consistently meets high standards in all areas. The entry might contain a single major flaw or a few minor flaws. The entry clearly (if slightly imperfectly) demonstrates an exceptional understanding of technical communication principles.
- Merit – Consistently meets high standards in most areas. The entry might contain a small number of major or minor flaws, but it still applies technical communication principles in a highly proficient manner.
When is the deadline for entry submission?
Fill the entry form to submit the entry. The entry form should be submitted for each entry, don’t combine categories. Send Email electronic entries (or links), along with the completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical entries (DVD / USB drive) can be submitted to:
M-11-B, Anugraha Colony,
3rd Avenue, Ashok Nagar,